Friday, August 13, 2010

Belfast Cathedral

Named after St. Anne, the mother of Mary
The Spire of Hope in the background was dedicated on "nine/eleven" 2007 during a service at which the preacher was The Bishop of New York. The spire proclaims Christian hope to the city, to the island of Ireland and to the world.

Entering the sanctuary. What an amazing feeling...
For me personally, this was my first time within the walls of a cathedral. I found myself in awe and reverance of the greatness of our mighty Father, God who was represented in every detail of this building. I felt like I couldn't soak it all in at once but didn't want to leave or miss anything. I was so emotional and felt like crying and jumping for joy all at once. I am going to be a basket case in heaven.

1 comment:

  1. I totally relate to you!!! I have felt that on my trips to cathedrals in Europe. They are so rich with history, imagery, purpose and sacredness. I love the picture of Avery....I have to say when I go into a church in Europe, I just have to kneel! Love this and look forward to every entry you make! Miss you, but thrilled for all that God will be revealing to you throughout this journey!

    ReplyDelete