Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rough Week

Since the last posting things have gotten stranger. We continue to struggle with coughs and colds and sleepless nights. Yesterday, Elise was trying to help clean up and accidentally knocked over a heavy wooden TV tray that landed square on my baby toe. The toe turned black and blue and began swelling immediately. Unfortunately, the timing wasn't that great because we had to leave and get the other kids home from school. So, I hobbled up the 1/4 mile or more up to the kids' school using Elise's stroller for support. Then when we got to school Elise decided to walk along a short wall and fell over backwards and got stuck between the wall and fence. I am sure I looked hilarious trying to lift Elise up while standing on one leg while she was screaming the whole time. I finally got her right side up and she was fine, just frightened more than hurt. This morning Elise has a horrible cough that sounds like it is coming from the depths of her lungs. I am just hoping and praying that it isn't pneumonia. My toe is all sorts of fun colors and painful to walk on. It will be an interesting next couple of days. It's hard not to wonder how I am going to manage with my only source of transportation (my feet) in jeopardy.


No comments:

Post a Comment